Friday, January 25, 2008

EMO MOM ATTEMPTS (AND FAILS) HAIKU

Okay, I’m going against the complaints outlined in a prior post by attempting a form of non-rhyming poetry (sorry Alexander Pope!) My younger son was attempting to write Haiku which, by the way, is extremely annoying. Therefore, since I've attempted several other types of poetry, I figured I'd give Haiku a try.

Random Thoughts in Haiku Form:

Dishes in the Sink
Dirty Towels on the Floor
Make them go Away

Loud Whining Voices
One a Boy’s Voice; One a Man’s
GET OFF COMPUTER

Mom Steps in the Room
STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP
They Choose not to Stop

Mom is feeling Hurt
Her Spirit Trampled by One
Misread Good In Bad

Boys Study their Mom
Her eyes Look Different, Weary
Not shiny: Not Bright

The Flower Bows Down
Low Heavy; Tiny Dew Drop
Hangs, then Falls like Tear

The Deer Glances up
Wide Eyes Blink in Trust; Too Late
Trigger Pulled, She Falls

Through Tear Veiled Eyes
Laughter? Fear? Radiates from
Brown-eyed Boys She Loves

They Fight, Argue, Scream
Their Presence Provides Strength to
Weather Storm of Life

7 comments:

Karen said...

Look, I am here (but not for long ;o)). I love "weather storm of life!" You might not get that one published, but nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? Will you be doing Iambic Pentameter next?

As my hubby said to my daughter yesterday: "Every window of opportunity has a different view?" How's the view from Haiku?? :o)

Karen said...

make that a ! above, not a ? Bad typing. Sheesh!

Amy336 said...

Karen, Welcome back. I think my poetry days are over. You know I love Iambic Pentameter! I'm working on my next post now and it is, thankfully, not poetry. I think you need to stretch and write something in iambic pentameter!

Anonymous said...

Excellent effort! :)
I remember trying to do Haiku WAY back in 2nd grade and even then it was difficult, for me anyway!

Paris said...

Impressed, Miss Amy.
Words, like leaves, flowing softly
Carrying voices.

L.A. Saxton said...

"Oh what a woeful tune you will sing, when you ain't got no Almond Ding"...I remember writing that Haiku when I worked at the architectural firm and they asked me to order Chinese. Hey, mine rhymed!

Amy336 said...

Rhyming haiku! Lise, you're brilliant!!